Predict and prevent cyber threats
Cyber threats present serious economic and national security challenges that corporations and government agencies cannot ignore. To identify, predict, and prevent cyber-attacks, IT security and compliance managers must have a global view of their networks to quickly visualize and pinpoint security issues and network vulnerabilities. Once identified, they need to know the best preventative actions to reduce or eliminate security risks. Skybox® Risk Control automatically discovers vulnerabilities, collects asset data, and creates a detailed visual representation of networks to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities.
This network model gives those on the front line of security the tools they need to protect their networks, customer data, intellectual property and business services.
- Quantify the level of risk to the organization to support cost/benefit discussions
- Demonstrate the before and after impact of security programs to overall risk level
- Dramatically reduces the risk exposure time window from months to hours
- Integrate vulnerability management processes, linking assessment, risk and exposure analysis, prioritization and remediation
- Perform non-intrusive vulnerability detection automatically without an active scan
- Pinpoint and prioritize the vulnerabilities that can be exploited by an attacker
- Simulate attack scenarios to identify potential impact of cyber threats
- Automated risk assessment improves accuracy and supports continuous security and compliance processes
- Generates PCI DSS reports on effectiveness of compensating security controls and vulnerability management program
- Scheduled or on-demand collection of threat, cyber vulnerability, policy and threat information.
- Automatically creates and updates a virtual model of the IT infrastructure
- Customizable reporting for management, auditors, and IT operations
- Built-in ticket generation system and remediation status tracking
- Comprehensive dashboard highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs), security profile, and alerts
- Using Skybox’s patent-pending rule-driven profiling technology, automatically detects an accurate list of vulnerabilities daily, without the disruption of an active scan
- Most detailed model of network topology, access paths, and threats
- What-if analysis-predicts risk behavior and business impact
- Risk metric and business impact reports are generated in minutes
- Automated IT vulnerability management and prioritization
- Out-of-the-box correlation of host-level vulnerability/patch data
- Supports most major information sources and devices: AlterPoint, BigFix, Check Point, Cisco, eEye, HP, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, nCircle, Nessus, Nortel, Opsware, Qualys, Symantec
How it Works
Step 1 – Collect. Using Skybox’s patent-pending rule-driven profiling technology, Risk Control with Vulnerability Detector deduces an accurate list of vulnerabilities without actively probing network hosts. Risk Control can also automatically collect data from threat feeds, vulnerability scanners and patch management systems as well as network device configurations for firewalls, routers, load balancers, and more. Risk Control incorporates information about assets and the relative value of systems and services – necessary to rank potential risks.
Step 2 – Analyze. The Risk Control analytical engine normalizes the information into a CMDB, creates a model of the network, and incorporates Skybox vulnerability content with intelligence about the likelihood and severity of potential attacks.
A Skybox IT risk assessment is done from the attacker’s point of view – identifying possible access paths and the security gaps that can be used to reach critical assets.
Step 3 – Report and Act. With Risk Control, network security managers get immediate information on the most critical risks and remediation alternatives. Connected to a ticketing system, Risk Control immediately notifies the IT security team of problems in the system.
About Skybox Security
Established in 2002 and headquartered in San Jose, CA, Skybox Security is a privately held company with worldwide sales and support teams that serve an international customer base of Global 2000 enterprises and large government agencies. Skybox Security solutions are used in the most demanding network environments in the world – including medium to large organizations in Financial Services, Telecommunications, Retail, Government, Energy and Utilities, and Defense. Network security and operations teams rely on Skybox Security solutions to prevent cyber threats, reduce risk exposure and demonstrate network compliance with regulations.
Skybox Security helps organizations seeking solutions for the following use cases:
• Fix security gaps and avoid configuration errors
• Optimize firewall rulesets
• Reduce firewall management time by 80% or more
Compliance with PCI, NIST, FISMA
• Maintain network compliance with policies daily
• Demonstrate compliance on-demand to auditors
• Reduce compliance costs and management time
Validate Network Changes
• Assess impact of planned changes in advance
• Avoid security and access problems
• Improve change workflow processes
Protect Critical Infrastructure
• Identify high-priority attack scenarios
• Suggest remediation alternatives
• Quantify risks to valuable assets