The APAC region, driven by countries such as China and India, is becoming a dominant force in the global political, cultural and economic landscape. In this top 10 review, Computer Weekly looks at some of the enterprise IT developments in two of APAC’s sub-regions, the Asean group of nations and Australia/New Zealand.
1. Change is in the air as Australia’s Royal Flying Doctor Service applies analytics
Australia’s Royal Flying Doctor Service unearths additional benefits of data analytics following its decision to use Splunk software to analyse operational logs.
2. Transforming the Singapore Post through modern technology
When the Singapore Post realised it had to change its business model to survive, it appointed its first CIO to front the technology transformation.
3. Australian cities are getting smarter
The smart city phenomenon is taking off in Australia, where there’s the space and the will to make it work.
4. How Asean organisations are untangling the big data storage challenge
If organisations are to benefit from the promise of big data, they must get on top of a legal and regulatory minefield when it comes to storing the big data.
5. The true cost of a cyber security breach in Australia
The costs associated with a security breach can mount up and it is difficult to put a number on it – but organisations are increasingly trying to do this as attacks increase.
6. Analytics helps Asean businesses read between the lines
Asean organisations need to develop an enterprise-wide approach to analytics and draw on customer insight if they are to maximize the business value of data.
7. Big data poses storage challenges in Australia and New Zealand
Big data is like digging for gold, except you must keep every single rock. Computer Weekly unearths some of the main challenges facing those mining data.
8. Australian businesses running the numbers on analytics-driven customer service
Australian businesses, such as the University of Adelaide, are gaining customer insights from large volumes of data through data analytics technology.
9. Asean organisations braced for cyber attack
As an emerging economic power bloc, Asean is bracing itself for an influx of cyber crime as hackers look for lucrative targets.
10. Logistics software innovator Sendle takes on Australia’s package-delivery monopoly
Software is shaking up the delivery services sector in Australia. The creator of a new challenger talks to Computer Weekly.
Enjoy the benefits of CW+ membership, learn more and join.
Read more on Web development