Data is the currency of the new millennium.

But distilling and simplifying that data to gain real insight requires an increasingly complex skill set and equally sophisticated tools.

Gartner researcher Peter Sondergaard sums up the power of data analysis in the context of other notable innovations in history stating, “Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine.”If you break down the origins of data, you’ll find that 20 percent of the world’s data is public, while the other 80 percent is proprietary.

But, like any powerful tool, it needs a lead or guiding light, and data scientists have quickly risen to this challenge with developers and data engineers as their collaborators.

These groups join virtually and physically to learn, curate, build and deploy analytic solutions to help extract insights from their vast data stores.

This new cross functional collaboration has helped the data unit function as one, elevating the role of the data science team within the larger enterprise.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Leave a Reply